Language and culture differences often cause relationship problems between Thai ladies and their foreign partners. Understanding the traditions within Thai culture can increase the chance of a happy romance between farangs and their Thai girlfriends or wife.
Here are a few of "Do s and Don ts" tips on how to date a Thai girl successfully.
- Do be polite and gentle, in Thailand being polite is more important than anything. It does make a lot of difference if you can show her at the beginning that how polite you are.
- Do respect and tolerate one another due to differences in background, ideology, culture and language.
- Do be clean and dress neatly, it might sounds funny but its true that most "farang" guy show up on their first date with sweat-stained shirts, sandal and an untidy appearance. What you wear and how you look is important for your Thai girlfriend to be proud to be with you.
- Do realise that Thai girls never heard about 3 date rule, but that doesn t mean they will give sex for you immediately! Thai women are conservative by nature. This is how a nice Thai girl approaches a guy she s interested in.
- Thais are family bound same as many country in asia, if you meet a Thai girl and want to get into a serious relationship with her. So get to know more about her family. Be interested in her family it sure would boost the possibility of your success.
- Don t be too aggressive on your date, good Thai girls are generally conservative. They may not welcome the idea of you wanting to take it further than a hand holding, especially on your first date. Ask for permission before any "casual" physical contact.
- Don t make fun of her country, culture and religious beliefs. Thais are quite touchy about their country and even a small or silly complaint can make them dislike you. Even if it s just a joke to you, she will take it hard inside and think you re looking down on her whole country and will never welcome you back again.
- Don t tell Thais off in public. Losing face is not easy to deal with in general.
- Don t try to be Mr. Goody to much! Be a bit naughty (only a bit) Regale her with funny stories. Make her laugh and make sure you keep the conversation ball rolling.
- Don t sweet talk too much!We knew that you are fake if you do it on first date.
- This list may not cover all. However, it will help you build the right way to a beginning relationship with a Thai girl.
15 Jan 2013